WAF Visualisation Prize
The Visualisation Prize is a brand new prize for this year World Architecture Festival and a natural addition to our already popular Photography and Drawing competitions. The 2019 shortlist will be revealed soon.
Supported by Lumion, rendering software specialist, this new prize invited those have been shortlisted in the main 2019 WAF Awards to submit a rendering video of their shortlisted projects.
Entries were open to any visualisation videos of a future project or recently completed building with a length of up to 3 minutes.
Lumion has put together a selection of films for inspiration:
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED FOR 2019
Only available to those have been shortlisted in the main 2019 WAF Awards.
The film must be:
- Up to 3 minutes only
- Rendering Video and not images
The judges will be looking for:
- Aesthetic: The quality and the visual of the video – It needs to look good
- Emotional: How the video is showing the project and how it makes you feel
- Technical: How the colours, shadows and details look and how they improve the visual of the project and likeability
- Comparison: How the original design is representing in the video and does it match with the drawing phase
What happens if you are shortlisted or win?
The shortlisted and winning films will be displayed on a dedicated Visualisation Prize exhibition stand at this year's festival in Amsterdam for all delegates to view.
The winner will also be presented with a trophy at the grand Gala Dinner on the final day of the festival. The winner will be listed on the WAF website as well as in the media along with the other WAF awards and prizes.