We are delighted that the 2019 World Architecture Festival Awards Gala Dinner will be held at the Beurs van Berlage on Friday 6th December 2019. The Gala Dinner is now sold out. If you would like to be added to the waiting list for a ticket, please contact one of our account managers by telephone at +44 (0)20 3953 2045.
History of the Beurs van Berlage
At the end of the 19th century, trade in Amsterdam was flourishing and the urban population growing. In 1896, the Amsterdam administration decided to allow the construction of the new stock exchange. The honour of developing this new building went to architect and urban designer Hendrik Petrus Berlage.
Berlage designed a completely new building, its bell tower carrying the 'Beursbengel' (exchange bell) being the most prominent element. Berlage, being a staunch socialist, believed the stock exchange trade had a short lease of life. Inspired by the Italian Palazzo Pubblicos, he decided to design the new stock exchange building in such a way that it could serve as a 'public palace' after socialism had triumphed
The Beurs van Berlage has been a 'public palace' since 1985 and has been used for various cultural and social activities including a royal wedding. Since 2008, the Beurs van Berlage's mission is to become the most inspiring meeting place in Amsterdam hosting not only cultural and social activities but also events like the WAF Gala Dinner.
When and where:
The gala dinner will take place on Friday 6 December at: Beurs van Berlage, Damrak 243, 1012 ZJ Amsterdam, Netherlands
|19.45||Welcome, dinner and award presentations|
|22.30||Close of dinner|
The following awards will be presented at the gala dinner:
- World Building of the Year supported by GROHE
- World Interior of the Year supported by Miele
- Future Project of the Year supported by ABB / Busch Jaeger
- Landscape of the Year
- Small Project of the Year
- Use of Colour Prize supported by Eastman
- Best Use of Certified Timber supported by PEFC
- Best Use of Natural Light Prize supported by VELUX
- The Visulisation Prize supported Lumion
- Engineering Prize supported by EdgeAllies
- WAFX Award Overall Winner supported by GreenCoat
- The Amsterdam Prize supported by Kreon
- The Architecture Drawing Prize supported by Hare, Make, Soane Museum & WAF
- The Architectural Photography Awards
- The AR Emerging Architecture Award
Entry to the gala dinner is by ticket purchase only or included within the Festival Plus or Accommodation Package ticket types. The Gala Dinner is now sold out. If you would like to be added to the waiting list for a ticket, please contact one of our account managers by telephone at +44 (0)20 3953 2045.
If you are attending and have any dietary requirements please email them to email@example.com
The dress code for the dinner is business dress / architect smart.